Neat lunch idea!! It was delicious. My son and I really enjoyed them. The pineapple just makes it pop!
Hawaiian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Photo: Kate Sears
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 545
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 922mg
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces deli ham
- 8 slices Cheddar or American cheese
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks packed in juice, drained and patted dry
- Mustard, optional
- 1. Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Lay ham on unbuttered side of 4 of the slices. Top each with 2 slices of cheese and pineapple chunks. Spread unbuttered sides of remaining bread slices with mustard, if desired. Place those 4 slices, buttered sides up, on top of pineapple.
- 2. Place sandwiches in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and cook, pressing down on them occasionally with a spatula, until golden on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully turn and continue to cook until golden on the other side, about 3 minutes longer. Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches