Would take some tweaks for us to look forward to having this again. Maybe more jalapeño and less cilantro.
Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Yield: 4 servings
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 377mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves, divided
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño pepper
- 1. Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with coriander and salt; coat with cooking spray.
- 2. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Add 2 tablespoons preserves to skillet, and cook until chicken is glazed, turning once.
- 3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons preserves, pineapple, and remaining 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes