Would take some tweaks for us to look forward to having this again. Maybe more jalapeño and less cilantro.
Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Pounding the meat in this easy chicken recipe helps the breast halves to cook quickly and evenly.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 26.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 377mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup pineapple preserves, divided
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño pepper
- 1. Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle chicken with coriander and salt; coat with cooking spray.
- 2. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Add 2 tablespoons preserves to skillet, and cook until chicken is glazed, turning once.
- 3. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons preserves, pineapple, and remaining 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Serve with chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note