This is one of our favorite meals when we crave the tropics. We like to grill the chicken and add a salsa of pineapple, red & yellow peppers and red onion, all served over the cilantro rice that was featured with the recipe. Guests go crazy for it, and the food is so colorful, you can't help wanting to dive in. Best of all, it's dirt simple with everything either made or prepped in advance, leaving me plenty of time to hang with my guests. It all comes together in about 30 minutes. I've also used the marinade for chicken skewers, and grilled the salsa veggies on skewers.
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
4 Hours, 23 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 29.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 674mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Chill 4 hours.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; baste with 2 tablespoons reserved marinade. Cook 6 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with 2 tablespoons reserved marinade. Cook 6 minutes.
- 3. Combine rice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note