Doubled the marinade to make sure I had enough for basting. Paired with roasted zucchini and coconut jasmine rice. Even my picky kids thought it was delicious! Next time I might try it on the grill as kebabs with pineapple, peppers, onions.
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
4 Hours, 23 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 29.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 674mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Chill 4 hours.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; baste with 2 tablespoons reserved marinade. Cook 6 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with 2 tablespoons reserved marinade. Cook 6 minutes.
- 3. Combine rice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes