Here's a pizza that delivers just what the kids want on half the crust--a thin layer of pizza sauce and lots of gooey cheese. There are lots of extras on the other side for more adventurous palates.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 405
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 17.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 49.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 1222mg
- Calcium: 113mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 (24-oz.) package refrigerated pizza crusts
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 8 pitted kalamata or other ripe olives
- 1/4 small red onion
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar-mozzarella cheese blend
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Brush oil over pizza crust; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, thinly slice tomatoes, halve olives, and thinly slice onion.
- 3. Remove crust from oven; spread pizza sauce over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch margin. Arrange tomato, olives, and onion over half of pizza; sprinkle with feta cheese. Sprinkle Cheddar-mozzarella cheese over remaining half of pizza.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or just until cheese melts.
- MENU IDEA FOR 4 * Have-It-Your-Way Pizza * BLT Caesar salad
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: olive oil * 1 (24-oz.) package refrigerated pizza crusts (we tested with Mama Mary's) * 2 plum tomatoes * 8 kalamata olives * 1 small red onion * 1 jar pizza sauce (we tested with Ragú) * 2 oz. crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomato * 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar-mozzarella cheese blend * 1 (8-oz.) package complete BLT Caesar salad kit (such as Fresh Express)
- NOTE: Nutritional analysis is for grown-up entrée servings. For plain servings, nutritional analysis is as follows: CALORIES 445 (38% from fat); FAT 18.6g (sat 8.9g, mono 1.6g, poly 0.2g); PROTEIN 22.1g; CARB 44.8g; FIBER 2.6g; CHOL 40mg; IRON 2.5mg; SODIUM 1037mg; CALC 500mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes