Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
Time: about 15 minutes. Associate food editor Elaine Johnson's mother created this humble yet addictive recipe.
Yield: Serves 12
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 142
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 259mg
- Cholesterol: 6.8mg
- 1 slender baguette (1/2 lb.), cut in half
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated or finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler. Slice each baguette half lengthwise and place, cut side up, on a 12- by 15-in. baking sheet. Broil about 3 in. from heat until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, mix green onions, mayonnaise, and parmesan. Spread mixture on bread.
- 3. Return to broiler and broil until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Let cool about 2 minutes to crisp. Cut each piece into thirds.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note