Made some adjustments and prepped night before by mixing everything together. Used 14-oz can of evap milk and 1 cup of half/half, 1 cup canadian bacon, and 1/2 green pepper. Baked at 375 for 60-70 minutes - took a while for country style hashbrowns to get done. Everyone loved it! Will make again with different combos, but I think anything goes in this one.
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
Combination of ingredients is endless. Use 2 cups of any cheese, 1 1/2 cups meat or veggies. Green onions can be replaced with 1/4 c. shallots. Combinations: - swiss cheese, bacon and green onions - monterey jack cheese, broccoli, white onion - gruyere cheese, roasted red pepper, shallots - feta cheese, fresh spinach, vidalia onion
Yield: 12 servings
Community Recipe from
- 6 cup(s) frozen hash browns thawed
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cup(s) mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 eggs beaten
- 2 cup(s) half and half
- 1 1/2 cup(s) meat or veggies
- 6 green onion tops
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper or hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven 450. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the crust. Turn into a 9x13 greased pan. Use fingers to press hash browns onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of pan to form crust.
- Bake 25 minutes.Crust should be crusty. Take out reduce temperature to 350.
- Mix filling and pour over crust. Bake 350 for 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes