Hash Brown Fingerling Potatoes Provençale
Photo: Dasha Wright; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, unpeeled, thinly sliced crosswise
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme, marjoram, or oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Melt butter with olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in potatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and next 3 ingredients. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until potatoes and shallots begin to brown.
- 2. Remove lid, reduce heat to medium, and sauté 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in green onions and next 4 ingredients; sauté 2 minutes.
- 3. Remove pan from heat. Stir in parsley and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables