Love this recipe, it has been in my family for years. We eat it every Christmas morning.
Hash Brown Casserole from Loveless Cafe and Motel
Photo: Oxmoor House
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 (20-oz.) packages refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 2 (8-oz.) packages shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16-oz.) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together onions, hash browns, and cheese in a very large bowl. Whisk together soup and remaining ingredients in another bowl until blended. Pour over potato mixture, stirring to coat.
- 2. Spoon potato mixture into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until browned.
Substitute shredded Italian cheese for one of the packages of shredded Cheddar for depth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This