This is a great recipe. I have made no changes and have served it at breakfast, as well as dinner. It is especially good with baked ham as a side dish. Always gets rave reviews.
Hash Brown Casserole
Make a traditional hash brown potato casserole light by using reduced-fat cheese and soup and fat-free sour cream. It's still cheesy and creamy, but has less than 5 grams of fat per serving.
Yield: 9 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 17.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This