- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (such as Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 1 (8-ounce) carton light sour cream (such as Daisy)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- calories 181
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 6 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- monofat 0.9 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 7.1 g
- carbohydrate 25.5 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 494 mg
- calcium 11 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon butter in a large bowl; toss well.
Combine soup and cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 6 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Pour cheese mixture over potato mixture, and stir well. Spread mixture evenly in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine cornflakes and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle evenly over top of potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Instead of cornflakes, use crumbled kettle chips or Ritz crackers for a more salty, crunchy casserole topping. Dress this casserole up with some sausage, ham, or bacon for your meat-loving guests.