Hash Brown Cakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Yukon gold potatoes scrubbed well and dried
- 1 shallot peeled
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Cheddar
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Grate the potatoes and shallot using your food processor. Add to a colander and squeeze dry using a clean tea towel, making sure to get rid of all of the moisture. Place the potatoes and shallots in a bowl along with the cheese, flour, parsley, egg and some salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat about 1/4 cup peanut oil in a large cast-iron skillet until hot. Scoop 1/4 cup potato mixture into the skillet and flatten with a spatula. Cook until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes, and then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Remove to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain. Repeat in batches.
- Cook's Note: To keep hash brown cakes warm before serving, place in a single layer on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and place in a 200 degree F oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by GeorgiaRaby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Hash Brown Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables