Delicious and easy breakfast casserole. Will make again for breakfast worthy meals. I used a sweet sausage instead of hot which kids preferred.
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pound ground hot pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups frozen cubed hash browns
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toppings: picante sauce or green hot sauce, sour cream
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until meat crumbles. Stir in hash browns, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and potatoes are lightly browned. Drain mixture on paper towels; spoon into a greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together eggs, cheese, and next 4 ingredients; pour evenly over sausage mixture, stirring well. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake, covered with nonstick foil, at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note