Harvest Wild Rice Salad With Pumpkin Vinaigrette
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6-oz.) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Prepare rice according to package directions; let cool completely (about 25 minutes). Stir in cranberries, celery, green onions, and toasted pecans.
- 3. Whisk together canned pumpkin, next 5 ingredients, and 2 Tbsp. water. Gradually whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until blended.
- 4. Pour pumpkin vinaigrette over rice mixture; stir gently to coat. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads