Harvest Turkey Waldorf Salad
Prep: 15 min., Bake: 10 min.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 1 medium-size Gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1. Place walnuts in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir together mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients, and 2 tablespoons water.
- 4. Arrange spinach leaves, apple slices, and pear slices on a serving platter; top with turkey, next 3 ingredients, and walnuts. Serve with mayonnaise dressing.
- Tip: Get creative with this salad. Substitute dried cranberries and apricots for dried cherries; pecans or almonds for walnuts; and goat cheese for blue cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads