Harvest Squash Medley (apples, butternut squash and sweet potatoes)
Ruth Cowley: Pipe Creek, TX From Taste of Home Casseroles, Slow Cooker & Soups
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 small apples, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 medium sweet pototoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 6 cup(s) water
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add squash and return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain. Place squash and sweet potatoes in a greased 13-in.-by-9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the honey, orange juice, butter, orange peel, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over squash and potatoes.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover; stir in apples. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with walnuts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note