I made this salad for part of my Christmas eve dinner. It was a huge hit. Everyone loved it. We used it again for New Year's and Easter.
Harvest Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette
Photo: Mark Thomas; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 218
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 642mg
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups sliced endive
- 4 cups shredded radicchio
- 2 ripe pears, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1. Make vinaigrette: In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Discard all but 2 Tbsp. bacon fat. When bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble.
- 2. Just before serving, reheat bacon fat over medium-low heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into a bowl and vigorously whisk in olive oil, vinegar, honey and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Make salad: In a large serving bowl, toss together endive, radicchio, pears and crumbled bacon. Add dressing and toss lightly. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads