Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
Bosc pears, Granny Smith apples, and dried pecans are tossed together with romaine and baby arugula for seasonal Harvest Salad.
Yield: Serves: 10
Cost per Serving: $0.95
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 ripe but firm Bosc pear, cored, cut into chunks
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Toast pecans in a large, dry skillet over medium heat, shaking pan occasionally, until golden and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- 2. Whisk together shallot, garlic, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar. Drizzle in oil, then whisk until well combined.
- 3. In a large salad bowl, toss together lettuce, arugula, pear, apple and cranberries. Pour in dressing; toss to combine. Top with toasted pecans and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This