I made this for Thanksgiving. It was excellent! This will be a Thanksgiving staple!
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) bottle poppy-seed dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 (4-oz.) packages gourmet mixed salad greens
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup lightly salted, roasted pecan halves
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and seed butternut squash; cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Toss together squash, olive oil, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; place in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender and begins to brown, stirring once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool in pan 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, pulse poppy-seed dressing and cranberries in a blender 3 to 4 times or until cranberries are coarsely chopped.
- 3. Toss together squash, gourmet salad greens, and next 3 ingredients on a large serving platter. Serve with dressing mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note