- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) bottle poppy-seed dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 (4-oz.) packages gourmet mixed salad greens
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup lightly salted, roasted pecan halves
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and seed butternut squash; cut into 3/4-inch cubes. Toss together squash, olive oil, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; place in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender and begins to brown, stirring once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool in pan 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, pulse poppy-seed dressing and cranberries in a blender 3 to 4 times or until cranberries are coarsely chopped.
Toss together squash, gourmet salad greens, and next 3 ingredients on a large serving platter. Serve with dressing mixture.