Fabulous alternative (or addition) to pumpkin pie at a Thanksgiving dinner!
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 294
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 46.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 large butternut squash, halved and seeded (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 10 tablespoon fat-free whipped topping (optional)
- Position oven rack to lowest setting. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place squash, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° 30 minutes or until squash is tender. Cool slightly, and peel. Mash pulp to measure 2 1/2 cups. Combine the pulp and milk in a food processor; process until smooth. Add granulated sugar and next 5 ingredients (through cloves); process until smooth.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl; cut in butter using two knives or a pastry blender. Add pecans; toss to combine.
- Roll dough into a 13-inch circle; fit into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute. Pour squash mixture into prepared crust. Place pie plate on bottom rack; bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Remove pie from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over filling; shield edges of piecrust with foil. Return pie plate to bottom rack; bake an additional 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped topping, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This