Harvest Moon Caramel Corn
Turn ordinary microwave popcorn into an extraordinary caramel snack. Not only is it good for movie night, but also it's a good treat for giving ... especially since it makes an abundant amount!
- 10.5- ounce box microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a lightly greased large roasting pan; set aside.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and baking soda; stir well and pour over popcorn. Mix well.
- Bake at 250 degrees for one hour, stirring occasionally. Let cool; break up and store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note