Harvest Moon Caramel Corn
Turn ordinary microwave popcorn into an extraordinary caramel snack. Not only is it good for movie night, but it's also a good treat for giving... especially since it makes an abundant amount!
Yield: Serves 10
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) box microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a lightly greased large roasting pan; set aside. Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and baking soda; stir well and pour over popcorn. Mix well.
- Bake at 250° for one hour; stirring occasionally; let cool. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. Makes 27 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks