Harvest Moon Caramel Corn
Turn ordinary microwave popcorn into an extraordinary caramel snack. Not only is it good for movie night, but it's also a good treat for giving... especially since it makes an abundant amount!
Yield: Serves 10
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) box microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn in a lightly greased large roasting pan; set aside. Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and baking soda; stir well and pour over popcorn. Mix well.
- Bake at 250° for one hour; stirring occasionally; let cool. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. Makes 27 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note