- 4 large red potatoes (2 pounds)
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Butter or margarine (optional)
How to Make It
Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Cook in a Dutch oven in boiling salted water to cover 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
Add 1/4 cup butter and next 8 ingredients; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Top with additional butter, if desired.