- 4 firm, tart-sweet apples, such as Fuji or Gala, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted almonds, roughly chopped
- 6 pitted Medjool dates, halved lengthwise and chopped (to yield about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon orange zest (from 1 large orange)
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons tawny port
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted sliced almonds
- calories 164
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- protein 3.1 g
- fat 6.1 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- carbohydrate 27 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- sodium 0.7 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Chop 1 1/2 apples into 1/2-in. dice. Coarsely chop remaining 2 1/2 apples, put in a food processor with all remaining ingredients except sliced almonds, and pulse until blended but still quite coarse.
Turn mixture into a bowl and stir in diced apples. Sprinkle with sliced almonds just before serving.
Make ahead: Up to 1 day (except toasted almonds), chilled.