Community Recipe from
- 4.5 ounce(s) dried red chiles stems removed
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried mint
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground caraway seeds
- 10 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 4.5 ounce(s) olive oil
- To Prepare: preheat oven to 235°F. Wash jar and lid in hot soapy water and rinse. Put jar in oven for 20 minutes or until fully dry. Do not dry with towel.
- Roughly chop the chiles, then cover with boiling water and soak for 1 hour. Drain, put them in a food processor and add the mint, spices, garlic, 1 T of olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Process for 20 seconds, scrape down bowl and process for 30 more seconds, scrape down bowl. With motor running, gradually add the remaining oil, scrape down bowl as necessary.
- Spoon paste into the clean jar, cover with a thin layer of olive oil and seal. Label and date.
- Will keep for 6 months in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jumpintocook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Harissa Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments