- 7 or 8 medium cipollini onions or 1/2 white onion, peeled and sliced into thin half-moons
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pounds haricots verts (thin French green beans) or regular green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- About 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup skinned toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- calories 172
- caloriesfromfat 74 %
- protein 3.3 g
- fat 15 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- sodium 69 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Mix onions and vinegar in a small bowl; sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
Boil beans 3 minutes for crunchy beans or 5 minutes if you want them more tender. Drain; plunge into a bowl of ice water.
Drain vinegar from onions into another small bowl and whisk in mustard, 1/3 cup oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Toss beans with 2/3 of onions, 2/3 of hazelnuts, and vinaigrette to taste. Sprinkle with remaining hazelnuts and onions.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.