Used dried rosemary instead of fresh and fresh haricot verts. Served with roasted cauliflower and yukon gold potatoes with goat cheese and garlic - excellent side dish!
Haricots Verts with Browned Garlic
Slender haricots verts need little embellishment. Here they're tossed with a good dose of browned garlic. Once it's cooked, garlic's flavor mellows considerably. If you can't find the tiny French green beans, substitute regular green beans and increase the cook time in boiling water to five minutes to ensure they're done.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 54
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.5g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 226mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced garlic (about 1 head)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 2 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Add beans; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, beans, rosemary, and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note