Wonderful flavors! Used chanterelles which picked up the mellow red wine vinegar sauce. I like my green beans cooked a bit more so would boil closer to 5 minutes.
Haricots Verts and Wild Mushrooms with Hazelnuts
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 72
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 110mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound haricots verts, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups sliced wild or cultivated mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 6 teaspoons finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Combine vinegar, 2 teaspoons oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cook beans in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates. Add onions; sauté 1 minute. Add beans; sauté 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Add vinegar mixture and hazelnuts to bean mixture, tossing to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Haricots Verts and Wild Mushrooms with Hazelnuts Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables