Love this recipe! It's quick and easy and has a good tangy flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes. Definitely a keeper!
Haricots Verts Salad
Haricots verts is French for green string bean and refers to a type of long, thin, green bean. Here the beans are combined with pine nuts, basil and sundried tomatoes for a savory vegetable salad.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 76
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.6g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 large basil leaves (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts
- 3 tablespoons chopped ready-to-use sun-dried tomatoes
- 1. Heat oil and garlic in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Combine garlic mixture, 1 tablespoon nuts, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and basil in a food processor; pulse until well combined.
- 2. Cook beans in boiling water 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Rinse under cold water; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add basil mixture and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons nuts and tomatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads