This recipe was delicious. It was light and flavorful. I added chicken to make it a great entree salad.
Haricots Verts and Grape Tomato Salad with Crème Fraîche Dressing
Haricots verts are tender, young French green beans. If not labeled as such in your market, look for slim, petite green beans. Crème fraîche adds a nutty flavor and rich texture to the dressing; look for it near the gourmet cheeses in your supermarket. Substitute whole sour cream, if you prefer.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 74
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 11.4g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 pound haricots verts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Cook haricots verts in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine basil and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add haricots verts and tomatoes; toss gently to coat. Divide mixture evenly among 6 plates; sprinkle with nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note