Harder Homemade Bread
- 2 cups warm (hot-ish) water
- 4 tsp yeast
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp salt
- First put 2 cups almost hot water in a bowl.
- Add 4 teaspoons yeast (I like rapid rise, I’m not patient)
- Next add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Give it a good stir.
- Set it aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In your mixing bowl place 5 cups bread flour.
- Add your 1/4 cup oil.
- Next sprinkle in 2 tsp salt
- Mix until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl and all ingredients are incorporated
- Cover it and let it rise for 25 minutes.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and work it with your hands until you feel it start to relax. It will take about 5 minutes of a good massage to relax it into submission.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 Deg F.
- This recipe is for 2 loaves so at this point cut it in half.
- Place it in greased pan(s) and cover for another 20 minutes for a second rise
- Bake at 350′ for 25 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Harder Homemade Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads