Hanukkah Doughnuts with Strawberry Preserves
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
- Strawberry preserves
- Crème Fraîche
- Bring 1 cup water, butter, and sugar to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Add flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; cool.
- Spoon mixture into a mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, at medium speed with an electric mixer, beating well after each addition. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Pat dough to 1/8-inch thickness, and cut dough with star- or dreidel-shaped cookie cutters.
- Pour oil to depth of 1/2 inch; heat to 375°. Fry doughnuts, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Microwave preserves in a glass bowl at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once. Serve doughnuts with preserves and Crème Fraîche.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads