I replaced the chocolate covered cherries with dried cranberries. Very good love the almond extract instead of vanilla.
Hannah's Oatmeal Cookies
With the addition of chocolate covered raisins, Hannah's Oatmeal Cookies take oatmeal cookies to another level.
Yield: Makes 2 to 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond or caramel-pecan extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate-covered raisins
- Blend together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, one at a time; stir in extract. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Mix in oats; fold in raisins. Form dough into walnut-size balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies