Delicious bread pockets filled with your choice of goodies, typically meat and cheese. We also call them Ham and Cheese Pockets.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup(s) Warm Water (100 deg)
- 3/4 cup(s) Warm Milk (100 deg)
- 1/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter (25 sec in Microwave)
- 1 whole(s) eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Ground Beef or Ham
- 1/4 cup(s) Onion Chopped
- 8 ounce(s) Tomato Sauce
- 8 slice(s) Cheese Chopped
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk (microwave 45 sec), sugar, shortening, egg, and 3 cups flour. Add Salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in enoguh remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic for about 4-6 min. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 min.
- In a skillet cook meat and onion until meat is done, and then drain. Stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Punch down the dough and divide into 16 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out and stretch each piece into a 5 inch circle. Top each circle with 2 pieces of cheese and about 3 T of meat mixture. Bring dough over filling to center and pinch to seal the edges. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled - about 20 min.
- Bake at 400 for 8-12 min, or until golden brown. Serve warm Refridgerate leftovers. Original makes 16 sandwhiches.
- Note: It makes 12 larger ones a little bit easier.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note