Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup(s) Warm Water (100 deg)
- 3/4 cup(s) Warm Milk (100 deg)
- 1/4 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter (25 sec in Microwave)
- 1 whole(s) eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Ground Beef or Ham
- 1/4 cup(s) Onion Chopped
- 8 ounce(s) Tomato Sauce
- 8 slice(s) Cheese Chopped
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk (microwave 45 sec), sugar, shortening, egg, and 3 cups flour. Add Salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in enoguh remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic for about 4-6 min. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 30 min.
- In a skillet cook meat and onion until meat is done, and then drain. Stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Punch down the dough and divide into 16 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out and stretch each piece into a 5 inch circle. Top each circle with 2 pieces of cheese and about 3 T of meat mixture. Bring dough over filling to center and pinch to seal the edges. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled - about 20 min.
- Bake at 400 for 8-12 min, or until golden brown. Serve warm Refridgerate leftovers. Original makes 16 sandwhiches.
- Note: It makes 12 larger ones a little bit easier.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ZacAndAmber and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note