This was okay but needs something more, kind of bland. Might try it again with garlic added. The package mix has more flavor.
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Serve a lightened version of this classic dish with a tossed green salad and sautéed red and green bell pepper strips for a satisfying family-friendly meal.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup stroganoff, 2/3 cup pasta, and 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 23.9g
- Carbohydrate: 35.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 541mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef, extra lean
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms to pan; cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until slightly thick. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 3. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes