Community Recipe from
- (SHARE to save to your wall to refer back to later!)
- Note: Serve with buttered cornbread.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 8 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Cook beef and onions over medium heat; drain. Add tomatoes, carrots, celery, potatoes, water, rice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes until vegetables and rice are tender. Uncover; simmer 20-30 minutes longer or until thickened!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
HAMBURGER STEW Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews