Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2` teaspoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties and onion in the oil until patties are nicely browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the beef patties to a plate, and keep warm.
- 3. Sprinkle flour over the onions and drippings in the skillet. Stir in flour with a fork, scraping bits of beef off of the bottom as you stir. Gradually mix in the beef broth. Season with seasoned salt. Simmer and stir over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until the gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to the gravy, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 1FairCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes