Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2` teaspoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties and onion in the oil until patties are nicely browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the beef patties to a plate, and keep warm.
- 3. Sprinkle flour over the onions and drippings in the skillet. Stir in flour with a fork, scraping bits of beef off of the bottom as you stir. Gradually mix in the beef broth. Season with seasoned salt. Simmer and stir over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until the gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to the gravy, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 1FairCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note