Good meal that is easy to prepare. I did serve it with garlic mashed potatoes. I added sauted sliced mushrooms in before the flour. Really good. Didn't bother with the green onions at the end. A little fresh thyme in the sauce would've made the dish. Sauted spinach completed the meal. Will add to our regular rotation.
Hamburger Steak with Onion Gravy
Serve with Quick Chive Mashed Potatoes and Smoky Haricots Verts and Mushrooms.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 14.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 408mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted beef stock
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Quick Chive Mashed Potatoes
- Smoky Haricots Verts and Mushrooms
- 1. Divide beef into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Sprinkle patties evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned; remove from pan.
- 2. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add vertically sliced onion; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Sprinkle onion with flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add stock and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Return patties to pan; reduce heat to medium, partially cover, and cook 5 minutes or until gravy is slightly thickened. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note