My family absolutely loved this dish when I made it! I also thought it was a very good meal. I will be making it again.
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill Jenkins
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; shape into 6 patties.
- Cook patties in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes on each side or until browned; drain and remove from skillet.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and dry mustard; bring to a boil. Add patties; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 more minutes or until patties are no longer pink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes