Love this recipe in the summer! Easy to prepare. The kids love it. I add one can of condensed tomato soup, and cook the rice separately. Serve with scooper chips, and you are set!
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild diced tomato and green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope mild taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato and green chiles and next 4 ingredients. Cook, covered, over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook 15 more minutes; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle lettuce and next 5 ingredients over hamburger mixture. Stand tortilla chips around edge of skillet; serve with chips and salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note