I made this tonight. It was quite tasty. I added a little garlic and Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle seasoning for a little extra flavor. We topped ours with scallions, black olives, shredded Mexican blend cheese, and a little sour cream. Also, I used organic brown rice, so it took about an hour to cook. I will definitely make it again.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild diced tomato and green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (1.25-ounce) envelope mild taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato and green chiles and next 4 ingredients. Cook, covered, over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook 15 more minutes; remove from heat.
- Sprinkle lettuce and next 5 ingredients over hamburger mixture. Stand tortilla chips around edge of skillet; serve with chips and salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes