My family has always loved this recipe. I make the CL 9/06 basic pizza sauce. Quick and delicious!
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 301
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 15.1g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 542mg
- Calcium: 155mg
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf unsliced Italian bread
- 1/2 cup traditional bottled pizza sauce
- 8 (1/8-inch-thick) slices onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup presliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 ounces ground round
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) preshredded pizza double-cheese (a blend of part-skim mozzarella and cheddar cheese)
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Cut bread loaf in half horizontally. Place both halves of bread, cut side up, on a large baking sheet. Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce over each half of bread. Divide onion rings and mushrooms evenly between bread halves. Crumble beef into 1/2-inch pieces, and divide beef evenly between bread halves. Sprinkle Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and red pepper evenly over each pizza, and top each with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 500° for 9 minutes or until beef is done and cheese melts. Cut each half into 3 equal pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes