These cupcakes are fun, fairly easy to make, an great for cookouts and celebrations!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 box(es) Brownie Mix (I use Ghirardelli)
- 16 ounce(s) Icing (store bought or homemade from favorite recipe)
- 3 Food Coloring (1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow)
- Yellow cake mix = Buns
- Brownie mix = Patties
- Colored Icing = Lettuce, ketchup, and mustard
- -Make yellow cake mix according to box. You can use paper liners, but I find it better using none and spray the pan holes with cooking spray.
- -Fill the individual cupcake holes less than you normally would (about 1/2 way) and bake according to box or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- -Take cupcakes out and let them cool for at least 20 minutes
- -Prepare brownie mix according to the box. Bake preferrably in a 10 x 14 pan so that the brownie patties are thin.
- -While brownies are baking, cut cupakes in half horizontally
- -After the brownies are done cooking, let them cool for 30 minutes
- -Next, divide Icing into three separate mixing bowls. Put yellow food coloring in one, red in another, and green in the last one. Mix and keep adding food coloring until desired color.
- -Once brownies are cooled, cut "patties" with a round cookie cutter or with the rim of a cup to a size similar of the cupcakes.
- -On the bottom half of the cupcake (the bottom bun) squeeze icing in a zigzag shape around the circle so that the "lettuce" is visible on the outside. Add a dot in the center so the pattie will stick.
- -Lay the brownie patty on top of the icing
- -Drizzle the red and yellow icing around the top of the patty until you get desired look
- -Add the top cupcake bun
- -Enjoy! :)
- OPTIONAL- For a more realistic look, you can add sesame seeds to the top bun. Also, orange fondant may be used for a "cheese slice"
- IMPORTANT- After you have completed every burger, let them sit out for at least 25 minutes. If they go directly into a closed container, top buns will become very sticky.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LindsayRenee11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note