Community Recipe from
- DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoon(s) milk
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and beat till smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk.
- Add vanilla.
- Roll out the dough (approximately 1/4" thick) and cut it into rounds. You can use a drinking glass as the cutter. Fill the cookies and pinch up sides to form a triangle.
- Bake at 375 degrees until brown - approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Makes 8 large Hamentashen.
- Add your favorite filing - prune, poppy seed, nut, jam or preserve. My favorites are blueberries or pecans or raisins.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ScottWhite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note