- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dried Fruit Filling
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 eggs, honey, and lemon juice; stir well. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Roll one half of dough to 1/8- inch thickness on a floured surface, keeping remaining dough chilled until ready to use. Cut with a floured 3-inch round cutter. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of Dried Fruit Filling in center of each circle; fold into a 3-cornered hat shape, pinching edges together to seal. Brush cookies with 1 beaten egg. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over cookies.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool completely on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note