Ham with Red-eye Gravy
Yield: 4 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.87
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 078mg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces smoked ham, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/3 cup strongly brewed coffee
- In a large frying pan (it should be big enough to accommodate ham, even more than one slice, in a single layer), melt butter over medium-high heat. Once butter foams, add ham and cook until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Pour coffee into pan and cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pan to release browned bits, until liquid is reduced by about half and just slightly thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. (Gravy will still be thin.) Season with pepper to taste, pour over ham and serve hot.
This recipe also appeared in the October 2007 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes