Ham with Buttermilk-Chive Biscuits
Use leftover spiral-sliced ham or any favorite ham to fill these little biscuits. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2684.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoon(s) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped chives
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1/4 pound(s) thinly sliced ham
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Sift flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Add butter and use your fingertips or a pastry cutter to work butter into flour until no pieces larger than peas remain. Stir in chives and buttermilk, stirring just until mixed.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, gather it into a ball and knead once or twice, just until it holds together. Press down on dough until it is about 1/3-inch thick. Cut little biscuits out with a round 1 1/2-inch cutter. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet. Press scraps together and cut out more biscuits. Brush tops of biscuits with milk and bake until biscuits are golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While biscuits are still warm, split them and fill with ham.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note