I used only 1 cup of half and half (fat free). I added a dash of nutmeg. I used a deep pie dish and molded the pie crust to fit the larger pan, and thus didn't have any issues with spillover. Quick, easy and versatile. Good for company but not good for waistline!
Ham, Swiss and Spinach Quiche
Photo: Oxmoor House
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 202mg
- Sodium: 562mg
- 3 cups packed baby spinach, chopped
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust
- 1/4 pound sliced ham, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, place it in oven and preheat to 375°F. Mist a medium skillet with cooking spray and warm it over medium heat. Cook spinach, stirring often, until wilted. Remove spinach to a paper towel-lined plate and pat dry.
- Combine eggs, half-andhalf and salt in a large bowl and whisk until well mixed. Arrange spinach on bottom of pie crust. Scatter ham over spinach. Sprinkle cheese over ham. Pour egg mixture into shell.
- Place quiche on baking sheet and bake until filling is set and crust is golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes, slice into wedges, and serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note