Yummy; great breakfast on the run.
Ham and Swiss Egg Sandwiches
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 344
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 6.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 29.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 250mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 553mg
- Calcium: 351mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces thinly sliced lower-sodium deli ham
- 4 large eggs
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Emmentaler or Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add ham to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Recoat pan with cooking spray. Crack eggs into pan. Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
- 3. Place 4 muffin halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Top each half with 1 cheese slice. Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Divide ham among cheese-topped muffin halves; top each with 1 egg and 1 muffin half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note