Ham-and-Swiss Corn Muffins
More From Southern Living
Total: 52 Minutes
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Brown ham in 1 Tbsp. melted butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
- 2. Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 4. Stir together buttermilk, egg, and Dijon mustard; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in remaining 3 Tbsp. melted butter, cheese, and ham. Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into hot muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan to a wire rack, and let cool 10 minutes.
We tested with White Lily White Cornmeal Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads