Ham-and-Swiss Corn Muffins
Heating the pan beforehand results in a nice crispy bottom.
More From Southern Living
Total: 52 Minutes
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Swiss cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Brown ham in 1 Tbsp. melted butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes.
- 2. Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 4. Stir together buttermilk, egg, and Dijon mustard; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in remaining 3 Tbsp. melted butter, cheese, and ham. Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into hot muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan to a wire rack, and let cool 10 minutes.
We tested with White Lily White Cornmeal Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note