More From Southern Living
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons light butter or margarine, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-inch) French bread loaves, split
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 8 Baked Glazed Ham slices
- 4 Swiss cheese slices*
- Green leaf lettuce
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook in boiling water to cover 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and chill.
- Stir together butter and garlic.
- Spread butter mixture evenly over bottom halves of bread. Spread mayonnaise evenly over top halves of bread. Layer bottom halves evenly with ham slices, asparagus, and cheese; place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 2 inches from heat 1 minute or just until cheese melts. Top evenly with lettuce, tomato, and top half of bread.
- * 6 ounces thinly sliced Brie with rind removed may be substituted for Swiss
- cheese slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This